Find a loved one, brother, long lost sister, cousin or friend.
Criminal & Civil Verification Service
A private investigator, a private detective, or inquiry agent, is a person who can be hired by individuals, groups or NGOs to undertake investigatory law services. Private investigators often work for attorneys in civil and criminal cases.
To work as a private investigator in Canada and legally carry out investigations, an individual or business must be licensed under their provincial security services and private investigation legislation. The Carlson Detective Agency is so licensed.
The Focus of Our Work…
- conduct background checks – obtain and provide information on the personal character or actions of a person,
- obtain and provide information on the business character or kind of business or occupation of a person,
- search for offenders against the law,
- search for missing persons, and
- search for missing property.
What We Do!
The Carlson Agency uses many different types of surveillance and research tools to gather evidence, find missing persons, or collect information on businesses and organizations.
Surveillance and evidence gathering techniques include:
- background checks
- skip tracing
- witness locating and statements
- video surveillance
- audio surveillance
- personal observations
We conduct our surveillance at any time of the day or night, and at many different types of locations, such as shopping centres, places of employment, and sports arenas.
We also gather information via:
- Public databases and Internet searches to find telephone numbers, addresses, and employment information,
- Public libraries to find old newspapers for information on crimes and accidents, notices of bankruptcy, marriage, engagement, birth, death, memorials and probate notices,
- Personal Property Registration searches to identify a lien associated with an individual or business, or collateral that is shown as a security for payment of a debt, and
- Bankruptcy records, divorce records, land registry databases and corporate searches to conduct background inquiries.
Our studio offers a calm and tranquil space for practising yoga in a safe and supportive environment. We believe that yoga is for everybody and everyone is welcome!
We’re offering classes and courses at beginner and advanced levels, as well as special limited edition sessions of prenatal yoga, children’s yoga, meditation, and mindfulness.
Working undercover means working discreetly and remaining undetected. While not commonly done, we will work undercover when all other investigative techniques have been used but were not successful.
Undercover operations are commonly conducted as part of a workplace investigation, and may involve:
- employee theft, drug or alcohol use
- workplace insurance or disability fraud
- intellectual property theft
- sexual harassment
- online data theft
- unfair hiring practices
Undercover techniques include both electronic surveillance and physical surveillance to locate information and possible evidence in a case. Electronic surveillance includes the use of audio and video equipment, while physical surveillance can refer to personally observing individuals, or to collecting discarded items, such a residential waste from an individual’s garbage.
As mentioned above, private detective agencies often work for attorneys and should you need the assistance of a law firm we highly recommend Caramanna, Friedberg LLP , outstanding Toronto criminal lawyers.
Carlson Detective Agency
545 King St W.,
During Covid By Appointment Only